The National HAUC(UK) Convention
Venue: Emirates Old Trafford, Manchester
DELIVERING CONSISTENCY, TRANSPARENCY AND CONNECTIVITY IN ROAD AND STREET WORKS
With the industry facing an evolving policy environment and ongoing operational pressures, the 2018 HAUC(UK) National Convention offered a chance to understand the strategic and day-to-day impact for delegates and their organisations. With efforts to improve consistency and transparency in the industry, the Convention considered:
- The latest on policy developments from across the UK including permits and lane rental schemes, and the Scottish Government’s Transport Bill.
- The opportunities of technology and data to improve consistency and collaboration.
- The impact of greater devolution on approaches to road and street works, including the new ‘metro mayors’.
- The future scale and skills of the industry’s workforce.
- Improving the understanding of the role of road and street works as an enabler for new infrastructure and housing.
The HAUC(UK) National Convention offered the chance to hear a variety of perspectives on these challenges and opportunities, and a forum for discussing solutions and the collective way forward with peers from highway/road authorities and utilities.
DATE FOR YOUR DIARY: The 2019 Convention will be held on THURSDAY 16TH MAY at Emirates Old Trafford. We hope to see you there.